Week 38: Nighttime Ritual
Just like our morning rituals set your day up for success, nighttime rituals help you to wind down, relax, and get a better night’s sleep.
This means you’ll be more likely to wake up rejuvenated, well rested, and with more energy!
Here are a few ideas to consider including in your bedtime ritual:
1. Herbal Tea – Instant relaxation. (Just make sure it’s caffeine-free) Herbal tea is great for helping your body relax and help you to fall asleep faster. Sleepy Time and Chamomile are two of my favorites.
2. Cozy Pj’s – Slipping into some comfy pajamas can help your body feel more comfortable and lets the brain know it’s getting close to bedtime.
3. Light Stretching – Stretching helps ease off the day’s stresses, alleviates sore muscles and helps you avoid feeling achy in the morning.
4. Find your Ideal Temperature – Choosing a cooler temp while sleeping helps you to sleep better and wake up more energized. Research has shown that 65 degrees is ideal, but play around until your find your perfect number!
5. Brush, Floss, & Scrape – Brushing, flossing, and scraping your tongue gives you that squeaky clean feeling and removes bacteria that would be floating around in your mouth while you sleep.
6. Read a Feel Good Book – Reading gets your imagination going and can set the tone for a good night’s sleep. Read something that makes you happy and will help you sleep with the right frame of mind.
7. Listen to Calming Music – Setting your mind at ease is one of the most important tasks for settling down at night. Listening to something calming can help you relax.
8. Write Your To-Do List for Tomorrow – If you’re already being consumed with what’s on the agenda for tomorrow, jot down a few of the top things you need to get done, and forget about it for the night.
9. Gratitude/Prayer – Take a few moments to express your gratitude or say your prayers. Being thankful for the amazing things and lessons in life can help clear your mind for a restful and peaceful sleep.
Your challenge this week is to create and follow-through with your nighttime ritual!
(Make sure to avoid: TV, computers, phones, stay away from late night eating!)