Week 6: Avocado Challenge: Eat avocado at least 3 days this week!
Did you know that an avocado is actually a fruit?! And…it’s really unique! This single-seeded berry from Mexico is high in healthy fats, whereas most fruits are primarily made of carbohydrates.
If you’re not already crazy about this green superfood, I’ll give you a few extra reasons why you should be!
- They are PACKED with nutrients and contain over 20 vitamins and minerals.
- Avocados are loaded with antioxidants and helps boost your immune system!
- They are great for your eyes and protect you against cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Pound for pound, avocados actually contain more potassium than bananas! (which supports healthy blood pressure levels.)
- Avocados and avocado oil are loaded with heart-healthy fats…which can help lower inflammation in your body (the root of all disease).
- Avocados have been known to help combat certain types of cancer including mouth, skin, and prostate cancer.
- Because avocados are high in fat, you’ll be able to absorb other “fat soluble” vitamins (like A, K, D, & E) even better! Team up your avocado with other veggies for an energy-packed day!
- They are fiber-rich, which means you’ll feel fuller, faster…which is great to help promote weight loss because it will help you to avoid over-eating!
So this week, I’m challenging you to include 1 serving of avocado in your meals at least 3 days this week.
Here’s a cool link if you need some inspiration for recipes with avocados: http://greatist.com/health/39-deliciously-unexpected-healthy-avocado-recipes
If you want to join me for this challenge leave a comment bellow and tell us how you prepare your avocado meals.