Week 34: Handstand Challenge!
With all the time we spend on our feet, why not switch things up and spend a little time on our hands?!
Practicing handstands can do great things for your body, but they lose credit because so many people are afraid to try them or are convinced they can’t do them.
Meanwhile, they’re probably wrong!
Here are a few amazing benefits of handstands to keep in mind…
• They help strengthen your upper body and core
• They help improve your balance
• They can put you in a better mood
• They will stimulate your endocrine system
• They help with bone health, circulation, and better breathing
• They might even bring out your inner child!
Your challenge this week is to practice your handstands DAILY.
If you’re a beginner, here’s a great article that will walk you through it step-by-step: www.nerdfitness.com/blog/how-to-handstand-better-than-luke-skywalker
If you’re not used to doing them, get a little out of your comfort zone this week and give it a shot! (unless of course you have any medical conditions that would prevent you from practicing!)
Are you going upside down for the challenge this week?
Post a pic or let us know below. We can’t wait to see them!